Could someone help me with this?

ifstream readfromfile("stats.txt");

readfromfile >> lvl >> xp >> str >> spd >> acc >> hp >> endl  >> inventory[0] >> endl  >> inventory[1] >> endl  >> inventory[2] >> endl     >> inventory[3] >> endl  >> inventory[4] >> endl  >> inventory[5] >> endl  >>inventory[6] >> endl  >> inventory[7] >> endl >> equipw >> endl;

The error I get is:

489 C:\Documents and Settings\MixPix\Mina dokument\C++\lvlsystemareas.cpp no match for 'operator>>' in '(+(+(+(+(+((std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >*)(&readfromfile))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&lvl))))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&xp))))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&str))))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&spd))))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&acc))))->std::basic_istream<_CharT, _Traits>::operator>> [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>](((int&)(&hp))) >> std::endl'

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

one of your variabes, does not support the >> operator.

Which type are the variables:
lvl
xp
str
spd
acc
hp
inventory?

one of your variabes, does not support the >> operator.

Which type are the variables:
lvl
xp
str
spd
acc
hp
inventory?

lvl - int
xp- int
str- int
spd- int
acc- int
hp - int
inventory - string

odd thing is that this works great when saving the file (this part is the loading function)

Sounds like an incredibly obvious and easy solution, I shall try that immediately :D

Worked great, thanks :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.