I am using jGrasp IDE and i'm having trouble with the compiler

i keep getting this error
----jGRASP exec: g++-3 -g C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Downloads\testfile.cpp

----jGRASP wedge2 error: command "g++-3" not found.
---- This command must be in the current working directory
---- or on the current PATH to use this function.
---- PATH is "C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DivX Shared\;C:\Sun\SDK\bin;;C:\Sun\SDK\bin".
----jGRASP: operation complete.

the attached image is the solution my teacher gave me... yet i still cant compile... can someone help or give me an IDE alternative

There were some changes to how the executable links work in recent versions of Cygwin. The latest version of jGRASP should handle those, so you probably need to upgrade. Then you won't need a custom compiler environment as your instructor suggests, just go back to the default.

Also, make sure you actually have the g++ compiler installed with Cygwin (install "All" with Cygwin if you have the space).

If that doesn't help, turn on "Settings" / "Verbose Messages" and send a bug report using "Help" / "Report a Bug" that includes all of the output from a failed compile.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.