I have Turbo C++ IDE 3.0 the one that has blue working environment.
Problem that i face is that when i run any program it only shows the black screen for about 3 seconds without any output and then automatically closes.
I can't check the output because of this.
Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

add something to the end of the program that makes you enter a key, such as cin.get() -- btw the problem is your program, not the IDE.

at the end of the code just write

getch();

then you can only exit the output after pressing ne character.

>at the end of the code just write
>getch();
And also include <conio.h>, not forgetting that the conio library functions are absolutely non-standard and your code won't work on many compilers.

>then you can only exit the output after pressing ne character.
Is it really that much work to type "any" instead of "ne"? If you're sloppy when communicating, most people will assume you're sloppy in everything else. You lose credibility even before your technical accuracy is examined.

I thought about getch(), but he is using a c++ compiler so cin.get() is most appropriate -- and it's standard to boot!

>at the end of the code just write
>getch();
And also include <conio.h>, not forgetting that the conio library functions are absolutely non-standard and your code won't work on many compilers.

Well the problem clearly mentioned "Turbo C++ IDE 3.0 " thus in that environment <conio.h> header file very much exist. it would be convenient to use it.

Is it really that much work to type "any" instead of "ne"? If you're sloppy when communicating, most people will assume you're sloppy in everything else. You lose credibility even before your technical accuracy is examined.

Well by writing ne instead of any doesnt show any kind of sloppiness by any means . both the word sound the same so its easier to write thats it .

Well by writing ne instead of any doesnt show any kind of sloppiness by any means . both the word sound the same so its easier to write thats it .

We discourage the use of leek, or chatroom, speak here because there are a lot of members whose mother toung is not English. Consequently they may have no clue what ne means. Just because it may sound the same to you doesn't mean it sounds like that to everyone else. And "its easier to write" doesn't cut it either -- only one key stroke -- surly you can not be that lazy!!

>Well the problem clearly mentioned "Turbo C++ IDE 3.0 "
Indeed, and in that environment getch is a viable option, which is why I didn't flay you to the quick. However, it's important to understand portability issues even if you ultimately choose to ignore them.

>Well by writing ne instead of any doesnt show
>any kind of sloppiness by any means.
I disagree, which is why I mentioned it.

>both the word sound the same so its easier to write thats it.
Perhaps in your neighborhood, but not everyone was born in your area. How about all of the members who don't speak English as a native language? Many languages have a different sound for "ne", and you shouldn't be surprised if "ne" is actually a word in another language with completely different usage. One example is Japanese, where "ne" is both a particle used in the language and the sound is not "nee" (as you might say it), but "nay".

Further, do you really expect everyone to intuitively understand that "ne" is actually pronouced as the two letters 'n' and 'e' rather than phonetically as a word? Correct full sentence English is preferred because then non-native speakers have a chance in hell of understanding you.

Consequently they may have no clue what ne means.

You're AD and I'm ne, everyone knows that :)

commented: LOL +29
commented: :) +36

ok SORRY i totally apologies for using ne instead of using any and in future stuff like this will never happen ,atleast not from my side.

IF UR PROG NEED SOME INPUT GIVE IT & PRESS ENTER AND USE "getch();"(REQUIRES "conio.h") AT THE END OF UR PROG.

commented: m-m-m-m-monsterfail -4
commented:   -1

>IF UR PROG NEED SOME INPUT GIVE IT & PRESS ENTER AND USE "getch();"
>(REQUIRES "conio.h") AT THE END OF UR PROG.
Thanks for giving your ancestral trick. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.