Can you guys check my work i want to perfect my studies at school.. this will be passed on sunday also there some that dont have answer which you know please do tell..
False 1. When you go through a list of names, from beginning to end, until you reach the one you need, you are performing a binary search.
True 2. The sort characterized by first locating the smallest item in a list and moving it to the first location, then finding the second smallest item and moving it to the second location, and so forth, is called the selection sort.
False 3. When you locate a person’s name in a directory by opening the book about at the middle, determining whether the name is before or after that page, going to the approximate center of the remaining portion, and repeating this process until you find the page with the name, you are performing a sequential search.
False 4. The soft algorithm characterized by some data sinking while other data percolates is the insertion sort.
False 5. The binary search has a worst case running time of O(n).
False 6. White box testing approaches a module without knowledge of its internal structure.
True 7. An ordered collection tracks its logical size and makes this quality available to users.
False 8. A sorted collection allows all of the operations to users that an ordered collection does.
False 9. During the analysis phase of the software system life cycle, reported bugs are fixed and new features are added to the software.
False 10. Integration testing occurs during the testing of each individual unit of a software system.
11. In C++, the * operator is used to obtain the address of a variable.
False 12. In C++, the dereference operator is the & symbol.
13. In C++, the new operator is used to allocate cells for storing data.
14. In C++, the dispose operator is used to return memory cells to the system.
15. The computer can continue to allocate dynamic memory for data indefinitely.
16. C++ automatically returns unused dynamic memory to the system.
17. The memory cells for dynamic data objects are automatically allocated from the running stack.
False 18. A stack is a FIFO data structure.
True 19. You would use a qeueu to enforce a first-come, first-served processing schedule.
False 20. There is only one possible implementation of a queue, which uses a vector.
True 21. It is possible to rewrite any recursive function as a function that uses a loop.
True 22. A recursive function that does not have a well-defined termination state will run forever.
False 23. In tail recursion, there is more work to be done after each recursive call.
24. Some compilers translate tail-recursive functions to object code that uses simple iteration.
False 25. Recursive functions generally have the same running time and memory usage as the corresponding loops.
True 26. Each node in a tree can have at most one parent node.
True 27. A tree is a special case of a graph.
False 28. In a binary search tree, the datum in a given node is less than the datum in its left child.
True 29. In a heap, the datum in a given node is less than the data in either of its children.
30. There is only one possible implementation of a tree, which uses a linked structure.
False 31. The quick sort is also called the diminishing increment sort.
False 32. The heap sort uses a pivot to subdivide a list during the sorting process.
False 33. The worst case running time of a quick sort or merge sort is O(nlogn).
True 34. A merge sort combines two lists that are already sorted.
True 35. The best case of a pivot value in a quick sort is the median of the list.
False? 36. Hashing can result in constant time searches, insertions, and removals.
False 37. Folding occurs when a large number of keys hash to one area, leaving other areas relatively empty.
True 38. Linear collision processing is simpler than rehashing.
39. Quadratic collision processing results in quadratic running times.
True 40. The division-remainder technique is a commonly used method for computing a hash value.
Write a brief answer to the following items.
1. Explain why an algorithm with a running time of n³ is no worse than an algorithm with a running time of n².
2. Describe 3 ways to initialize a pointer variable in C++.
3. Assess the costs and benefits of using vectors or linked lists in an application.
4. Convert the following infix expressions to their equivalent postfix forms.
a. (a + b) * c / d
b. a + b – c / d
c. a * b * c /d