Hi guys. Just joined the forums. I was quite an admirer for this community and the source codes here really helped me in learning process and for that i thank you.

I am a student of 1st semester in BS(CS). I want to become a Game Programmer and am trying my best to get there. The problem i had was that my teacher asked class to make a group and take a project and i want to take a Game as a project. The thing is it would be my 1st real game other than small guess a number or Blackjack style games. I wanted to ask what game i should go for.
We have learned till arrays and there will also be a class on graphics header soon. I have also bought the Premier Press book for C++ game programming and am studing it alongside with my class. Your suggestions will be much appriciated.(Sorry for such a long post.)

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by firstPerson
Featured Replies
  • You don't have the time nor the skills to tackle large games, [URL="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=c%2B%2B+games&btnG=Google+Search"]Here are some links[/URL] that might help you. Read More

When you say game, do you mean console ( just C++ ) or using a
graphics library. If "using a graphics library", how much knowledge or
experience do you have using that graphics library? Give more details.

Also, how good are you at object oriented programming? If you don't know OOP, that severely limits your options.

When you say game, do you mean console ( just C++ ) or using a
graphics library. If "using a graphics library", how much knowledge or
experience do you have using that graphics library? Give more details.

As i said erlier that i am a 1st semester student. I do not have any experiance other than basic c++ console. I do not have any experiance in any graphic library. And OOP is a second semester course so i have not yet studied OOP yet.
Thus the only possibilites are fairly limited and thats why i need help regarding what to chose that may fit with my current knowledge.
Thanks for replies.

So the game will have to be text-based. I think the best format for a text-based game is a basic RPG or a puzzle game of some sort. Does anyone else have an idea?

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Take the time to help us to help you. Please be thoughtful and detailed and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.