Hi,
I need to use the borland c++ complier for making my college project.

I use only linux and I am unable find the compiler.

Any help will be much appreciated as I am stuck.

cheers,
Vishal

p.s- Gcc and other compilers are not allowed for the project .

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>I use only linux and I am unable find the compiler.
>Any help will be much appreciated as I am stuck.

AFAIK it isn't available for Linux, however you might be able to get it work if you use Wine, or a very outdated Turbo C++ compiler under a DOS emulator.
I personally wouldn't recommend any of the above, but you said that other compilers aren't allowed for this project, could you maybe explain why?
Another option is maybe to run Windows into a Virtual Machine under linux, and then run the Windows version of the Free Borland Compiler on top of that VM (this guide might be helpful then, while installing the compiler) :)

> I use only linux and I am unable find the compiler.
And what are you going to do with the executable when you've compiled your code?

Hi,
My college professor says we must use borland as the projects need to be sent to the moderator and she uses borland. I can't argue with them on this I am the only guy using linux here.

@salem :) thought borland linux version would have had a option for output in linux or windows.

Anyways I think I need to get windows :(

Cheers,
Vishal

Well writing it on Linux using g++ would be a real test of your skill at writing portable software that will compile on ANY compiler.

well maybe but the college does not allow it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.