Hello I am really new in c++ but I read a lot of books.
But I haven't found in any book how to add an interface to my program.
So, what is necessary that the program to not run in the windows console?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Define "interface". Do you mean an "interface" as is commonly used in Java (i.e. certain classes must implement certain methods) or do mean "Graphical User Interface" as opposed to a console program?

If the latter, what operating system are you using?

There are many different ways to give you're C++ program a Graphical User Interface (GUI). If you're writing just for windows, you can use C++.net to take advantage of windows forms or WPF. There are also many libraries like wxwidgets, qy, radC++, etc.

If you want some information that's actually helpful that tells you about some of these libraries, see this and list of free C++ gui libraries.

I mean graphical interface

For C++ QT is a decent library and it is somewhat portable (it's distributed by Nokia now). There's a free pdf of a decent book(released by the author under Open Publication) at http://www.qtrac.eu/marksummerfield.html (the author's website).
He steps you through (and they are nice manageable steps) making a very small scale spreadsheet program.

There are lots of other options, like wxWidgets (I've never used but a lot of people like). Of course there's the whole gamut of Windows GUI tools -- Win32API (not the best place to start if you haven't done it before), MFC (which is C++ based), .NET (but you need managed C++ and this is a whole different animal).

the first thing to do is search 4 sum books online.. or search 4 sum stuff related to C++, u'll surely get to know

the first thing to do is search 4 sum books online.. or search 4 sum stuff related to C++, u'll surely get to know

Exactly. I know that took a lot out of you.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.