hi guys..
can cayone pls tell me how to accept images in c as an input and process them further for compression using jpeg algo.
pls help me as i'm stuck up in the beginning of the project

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You mean this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

> pls help me as i'm stuck up in the beginning of the project
But are you an otherwise competent C programmer on a regular Linux/Windows machine (say)?

You mean this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

> pls help me as i'm stuck up in the beginning of the project
But are you an otherwise competent C programmer on a regular Linux/Windows machine (say)?

yeah u are right.
i am a BE Comp student. And my BE project is JPEG compression in CUDA

So what do you need us for?

Presumably there are some examples you can find (if you look hard enough), which you should study, then try for yourself.

So what do you need us for?

Presumably there are some examples you can find (if you look hard enough), which you should study, then try for yourself.

i am not getting the examples through which i can study.
if u know some links where i can get how to accept images in c/c++ pls give me those links or if u know the method or logic pls tell me .

Well the Wiki link has at least one code example.
And I bet at least one of the couple of dozen links on the same page also have code as well.

Frankly, I don't think you've got the nouse to finish this assignment.
I'm finding it hard to believe you read the Wiki. More like you had a quick glance at it, then dismissed it as "useless" and posted your begging letter again.

It's your homework, make some more effort!
I'm not going to do it for you.

commented: Hopefully you meant the first definition ;) +2

hi guys..
can cayone pls tell me how to accept images in c as an input and process them further for compression using jpeg algo.
pls help me as i'm stuck up in the beginning of the project

did u got to know how to accept jpeg images in c?

Yes, they figured out what STFW meant.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.