Hi guys, im new, just joined.
i have a serious problem with Java3D...
I have just recently completed a large project i have been working on for a long time, a NVE. The problem i am having is when i run in through NetBeans 6.8 i have no issues, but when i try to load the code and run it in a browser it fails with many runtime security exceptions... i have done a lot of work to try to get it to work by figuring out how to generate a keystore and sign the jar file and all that and i finally got it working on my own computer browser -firefox- . I was excited to show my friend that it had actually worked on one of my schools computers and it failed... i imagine the applet will probably not run on any computer but my own. i have included i link to the webpage so you can see the error for yourself.
http://68.41.192.217/Java/HTML/chatclient3d.html
I think it has something to do with Java3D using native commands and the fact that i probably have not signed the jar file the right way...

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM.0)
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM.0)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
    at chatroom.ChatClient.closeLink(ChatClient.java:99)
    at chatroom.ChatClient.stop(ChatClient.java:105)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-11" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM.0)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.exit(Unknown Source)
    at chatroom.ChatWatcher.run(ChatWatcher.java:63)
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.findAppletJDKLevel(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

there is the error... i know the problem is that java3d is not install on every computer, my laptop and dev desktop will run it only because they have j3d installed, any other computer without j3d will not run it, now obviously there is a way to get around this because you see java3d applets and can run them with only the JRE, take Runescape as an example, you only need the JRE to run it, yet it runs extensive 3d operations, and all you need to do is say yes i trust the certificate.

does anyone know how to fix this problem?
thank you~ and hello to everybody once again!

no one knows about this kinda stuff huh...?

Ha, yep its all worked out, thanks.
**If anyone else has this problem please contact me**
this was a very annoying bug to track down... there is almost no support for it online; had to actually contact the author of one of my Java programming books.

i jus started on java 3d i dont hav much awareness on coding and running java 3d in net beans 6.8...... i found sum code n try 2 execute and i got following error

Sep 7, 2010 1:50:00 PM javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline getSupportedOglVendor
SEVERE: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no j3dcore-ogl-chk in java.library.path
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no j3dcore-d3d in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline$1.run(NativePipeline.java:189)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibrary(NativePipeline.java:180)
at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibraries(NativePipeline.java:137)
at javax.media.j3d.MasterControl.loadLibraries(MasterControl.java:948)
at javax.media.j3d.VirtualUniverse.<clinit>(VirtualUniverse.java:280)
at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.<clinit>(Canvas3D.java:3862)
at org.jdesktop.j3d.examples.alternate_appearance.AlternateAppearanceBoundsTest.init(AlternateAppearanceBoundsTest.java:110)
at com.sun.j3d.utils.applet.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:267)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

from tat i conclude that there was problem in including correct path for java 3d librarise
but, i tried 2 include jar file through tools->libraries here i had an issue to which class library in need to add java 3d jar file...... plz give me solution......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.