I'm using a socket server that is based off of java and it allows java extensions to be implemented that allow server side login to be performed. I want to create a signup/login system but I'm struggling with finding a way to validate/filter user input before manipulating with the database.
1. I want to check for the type (string or integer)
2. I want to check for the length of strings to ensure they are within a given range
3. I want to be able to determine if a field contains a valid email address
4. I want to be able to remove invalid characters easily from any string
5. I want to sanitize before using with database.
Does Java have an easy way for me to do all of these things?
If anyone knows of a free class, framework, library that handles all of these tasks, please let me know about it.