I'm using a set of classes with lots of *.h files. These files are located in a separate directory & I do not want to copy them to my own folder. I can add the path of the *.h file I use in the #include. However if that *.h file refers to another *.h file then I must change lots of #include.

BTW, I prefer not to use a makefile & do something only within *.c & *.h files :cheesy:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dave Sinkula

The best answer is to use a makefile/IDE. If you don't want to, yes, it is a lot of editing. That is precisely why you generally don't specify a path on the #include line and instead point the compiler at where to look.

The best answer is to use a makefile/IDE. If you don't want to, yes, it is a lot of editing. That is precisely why you generally don't specify a path on the #include line and instead point the compiler at where to look.

OK, then How can I use makefile on MAC?

Does your compiler have any documentation? If you let us know what compiler you have we can all Google for this information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.