I'm using a set of classes with lots of *.h files. These files are located in a separate directory & I do not want to copy them to my own folder. I can add the path of the *.h file I use in the #include. However if that *.h file refers to another *.h file then I must change lots of #include.

BTW, I prefer not to use a makefile & do something only within *.c & *.h files :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The best answer is to use a makefile/IDE. If you don't want to, yes, it is a lot of editing. That is precisely why you generally don't specify a path on the #include line and instead point the compiler at where to look.

The best answer is to use a makefile/IDE. If you don't want to, yes, it is a lot of editing. That is precisely why you generally don't specify a path on the #include line and instead point the compiler at where to look.

OK, then How can I use makefile on MAC?

Does your compiler have any documentation? If you let us know what compiler you have we can all Google for this information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.