Darkwarrior_331 0 Newbie Poster

Hiya, Daniweb! :)

I have certain problem with a homework, we're supposed to do a "car race on a highway" (well, kinda) with vectors, so after the user defines how many lanes are in the highway and sets how many vehicles are in each lane (already done) the user sets how much time will "the race" be.

Now, the problem says two things "The user can see the state of the vehicles at every moment" and "the user can retire any car if he/she so wishes" and what i see as the best solution would be to pause the timer with the keyboard so the user can see the state of the vehicles and retire any of them, but i don't have an idea of how can i do this.

The professor suggested bioskey() (though i read somewhere that is obsolete), and i can't find any other function that does something similar (or at least a sample program that does what i ask)

So, can you give me please a little example?, just to use as a guide... if you do i'll hang out here for a while trying to help ^^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.