Hi all,
I have been looking for single function to split strings and seems to me either is not available or I miss it. So I please, help me to know if it is available and if yes where can I get it.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Check out this thread. It's not exactly what you want but it gives some good ideas of how to roll your own.

Yes Jonsca, I have already read that and I was wondering if there is one single function within standard library. I saw somewhere string::Substr() and I'm trying to check if that is what I want. Anyway the bad of C++ is that there is no official Manual to download and look like other languages (PHP, JAVA, PYTHON et al)

Yes Jonsca, I have already read that and I was wondering if there is one single function within standard library.

No.

I saw somewhere string::Substr() and I'm trying to check if that is what I want.

That is one way to do it.

Anyway the bad of C++ is that there is no official Manual to download and look like other languages (PHP, JAVA, PYTHON et al)

There is, sort of. It's called The C++ Standard. But most any C++ 'manual' on the web will give you the info you want.

I got that working

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main(){

string mystring("Hello World");
	cout<<"This is Original"<<endl;	
	cout<<"This is stripped:\n"<<mystring.substr(0, 5)<<endl;
	return 0;
}

There is, sort of. It's called The C++ Standard. But most any C++ 'manual' on the web will give you the info you want.

I meant manuals available for downloads and use them offline, like other languages

Yeah, I know what you mean. They do exist. You just haven't found them. I just don't know any links. So Google might help.

I have started searching long ago and haven't find one. Ye there are sites like buddy pointed above but not Manuals to download. I wonder why they dont release one

I have started searching long ago and haven't find one. Ye there are sites like buddy pointed above but not Manuals to download. I wonder why they dont release one

I usually use this gnu c library is not about c++ but it has a very concrete description on c functions and examples.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.