Hi guys. I need to create a GUI in C++ and so I would like to know if some packages like GTK are available for windows. I did go to the GTK website but I swear I was lost! I really didn't know which files to download. I really need this urgently. I need to make a GUI wherein I can place images and move them around on each other. Thanx in advance for any help
-kreitcher

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thanx a lot dude! am checking it out right now!
-kreitcher

Hey dude! I downloaded the GTK files. SO like I just use it to create the GUI's rt? I mean it is a GUI to make GUI's rt?
-kreitcher

Just out of curiosity. What has GTK got over good old Visual Studio in the Windows Environment?

Portability, first...

Hey dude! I downloaded the GTK files. SO like I just use it to create the GUI's rt? I mean it is a GUI to make GUI's rt?
-kreitcher

Yes, you need to code using GTK API. I have used GTK on Linux. For Windows programming, I have not used GTK but I did try to install the Windows version and it comes with many runtime DLLs. I don't like many runtime dlls so I switched to wxWidgets.

There are also other GUI frameworks like FOX Toolkit and FLTK. These are all cross-platform.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.