want to capture the system idle time. Means if the user did not press any key or did not move the mouse then it is considered as system idle time. I want the code for this in C or C++ on windows operating system. Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I see you posted the same question in the Java forum asking for this in Java. Is this related to a school project of some kind? Is there some code you can show us that you've at least started or tried to do it yourself?

want to capture the system idle time. Means if the user did not press any key or did not move the mouse then it is considered as system idle time. I want the code for this in C or C++ on windows operating system. Please help me.

Please be more specific. Do you want to only read the amount of system idle time or maybe make your program do something meanwhile?

Reading @ proghelpers' post, note there's a difference between system idle time and user idle time. I can leave my PC untouched for a quite while, but its CPU can still be very busy with some process....

Hi,

I would also have to say that the OS has some sort of role in the generation of this information.

Christian

plz, help me if u get answer of the question......., plz forward it on my id....It's very urgent....My id is mohit_mar@rediffmail.com.
I m waiting for ur response.....

Thanks & Regards
Mohit Malhotra

Sir, i wanna to know the user idle time on the computer. So, plz help me as early as possible. It's urgent.

Thanks & Regards
Mohit Malhotra

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.