Does anyone know where there is any good documentation for input functions in C programming? I've been searching google for quite awhile with no luck :(.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

"C INPUT FUNCTIONS" brings up sites with help on input functions in C.

"C INPUT FUNCTIONS" brings up sites with help on input functions in C.

Wow. Adding the word programming completely confused the google search. I searched for "c programming input function" and I couldn't find anything helpful.

Less is more :)

I understand how you feel right now, so heres my advice.

1. You could Google "stdio.h". This header file handles many of C's input and output functions.
2. You could try Googling anything to do with C programming except not to include the following in your search: "C" or "programming".
3.Use or look up the following C functions:
fgets <--- (look up(BEST CHOICE for Input))
scanf <----(can do the job but good chance it could MESS UP your code)

Again, just look up "stdio.h" thats the best choise

I1. You could Google "stdio.h". This header file handles many of C's input and output functions.

That's only if you know stdio.h is the header you need. Now that it's been mentioned, go for it.

2. You could try Googling anything to do with C programming except not to include the following in your search: "C" or "programming".

Without "C" you'll get C, C++, Java, Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, Python...
Use the language name in the search.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.