I want to build a simple app, text box and command button to open a excel file with a specific worksheet. lets say i have 20 excel files with 20 worksheets each all with various names, I'm trying to make it so i can enter the worksheet name in my text box click the command button and have vb go find the worksheet and open the file, to that worksheet. any help or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Time to use your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) and search for vb6 excel tutorial. You will also need to know the Dir Function...

And to do what you want to do is enumerate through folder making a list of the excel file names. Then you will have to open each file in turn and enumerate through the sheets collection retrieving the name of each sheet anc comparing it to what you have entered. If found, make visible = true and exit the search sub...

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.