VB6Query20071120.doc

Hi

VB6

I am trying to have 2 ACCESS databases open at the same time in order to populate the 2nd one with data from the first one. The problem is that it appears that I can only have one connection to a database at a time. Is this true and how do I get around this ? So the code below does not work when the program pointer gets to the destination connection unless I’ve closed the Source connection. If I do that then I can no longer talk to the Source recordset ! If I leave the source connection open while trying to talk to the destination connection I’m actually manipulating the Source connection.

Many thanks

Peter Burkimsher

pburk@fnb.co.za

‘PathD = path and Source database name
‘ PathE = path and Destination database name

Dim SourceAccConnection As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rsInputRead As New ADODB.Recordset

Dim DestAccConnection As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rsDestRead As New ADODB.Recordset

SourceAccConnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = " & PathD & ";"

rsInputRead.Open "SELECT * FROM Runtime " _
& "ORDER BY Date , Priority, Description ;", SourceAccConnection, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

DestAccConnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = " & PathE & ";"

rsDestRead.Open "SELECT * FROM Runtime " _
& "ORDER BY Date , Priority, Description ;", SourceAccConnection, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

Recommended Answers

You should be able to work with that one. There is no such restriction.

Jump to Post

If still there is any problem then let me know.

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

You should be able to work with that one. There is no such restriction.

Many thanks for your time. I will be giving it another try tonight ( It's now 15h30 my time) .

I agree there should be no such restriction but I seemed to be experiencing it last night.

thanks again

Peter B.

pburk@fnb.co.za

If still there is any problem then let me know.

i have problem in visual basic 6 i am using microsoft access i created one query in access query is not opend from visual basic 6

please do not hijack others threads .
Please stasrt a new thread of your own for starting a new discussion.

hiiiiiiii!i have created a table in vb using adodc control & visual data manager.now i want to update that table by using vb commands .and i want to compare two values in two forms in same vb project.can u plz help?

how to get data from RFID using vb..

how to display the contents of msaccess table in the text boxes of vb6.0?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.