Hi all, I'm new to this community.

I am doing a project that I'd have to write a program to connect 2(at least) PCs together. each PC works as a server and at the same time as a client, which each of them can download the file which is shared by another PC and upload the file it shared to other PC. It's going to be like a P2P program. I gotta write it in C++,using visual studio 2008.
I'm a newbie to C++ and I never tried visual studio before, I did some research and I know that I have to use socket programming and Windows Form application, hope I can get some codes for my project here.
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

> hope I can get some codes for my project here.
The Architect: Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Hi all, I'm new to this community.

I am doing a project that I'd have to write a program to connect 2(at least) PCs together. each PC works as a server and at the same time as a client, which each of them can download the file which is shared by another PC and upload the file it shared to other PC. It's going to be like a P2P program. I gotta write it in C++,using visual studio 2008.
I'm a newbie to C++ and I never tried visual studio before, I did some research and I know that I have to use socket programming and Windows Form application, hope I can get some codes for my project here.
Thanks in advance.

If you are new to C++ I think you might be out for quite a challenge. But if you really want to digg in on it right away I recommend searching for GUI tutorials. Don't know what fits you best (MFC/WinApi/wxWidgets...).

Here's however a nice socket tutorial: http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.