I have been working with opengl for past 2 months and find in very difficult to manage with it .
The actual code for rendering the image is very less , compared to the code written to handle the view and other opengl attributes / controls.

Is there any library of support which can lessen the burden of coding pertinent to handling opengl ?
I would be glad if u guys could help me out .

Even other ideas with respect to image rendering are welcomed.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Usually its not a lot, it should be manageable by one person. Can you show some examples of what you mean? Maybe we can help rethink your
design.

Well its pretty simple ,
ITs like in opengl , handling the primitives like circle , sphere is difficult and we have to dereive our own algorithm.
Is there any libraries which can directly do that , by just calling the cicirle primitive or something analogus to that.

Well its pretty simple ,
ITs like in opengl , handling the primitives like circle , sphere is difficult and we have to dereive our own algorithm.
Is there any libraries which can directly do that , by just calling the cicirle primitive or something analogus to that.

If your using glut with opengl, then glut has stuff like :

glutSolidSphere(...), glutWireSphere(...) and more types of solids.

If not the try goggling it and see what comes about. If all fails
then write your own library, and re-use it everytime you need it.
It would be good practice.

i found many replacements of opengl like
darkgdk
DirectX
Allegro
etc...

ANd the one i found is somewat similar to wat i want
that is sfml . I guess i want some other similar programs like sfmls

i found many replacements of opengl like
darkgdk
DirectX
Allegro
etc...

ANd the one i found is somewat similar to wat i want
that is sfml . I guess i want some other similar programs like sfmls

Try using an engine that supports opengl. It reduces many things
you have to do, like drawing stuff, animating, making shadows, and so on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.