Mercian 0 Newbie Poster

Hello all,

I am currently teaching myself Python 3 and came across a project at work that would be ideal for this.

The department in which I work is an IT support desk with a number of us taking calls and providing support to end-users. There is a field in the call logging software we can fill in (as required) that will record information about the users computer. The total list of calls for each month will (when this project is completed) be exported as a CSV text file. What is needed is for a Python 3 program to count how many calls each call handler has taken for that month (the list for each call handler will be held in a seperate file) with no upper limit - there are an average of 15,000 calls per month) and then to record how many calls each handler has logged with the trigger field completed and then to give a percentage figure of how many calls had the trigger field completed (this part I can do myself). The results will then need to be put back into a new CSV file for access through Excel.

The list of calls will have three fields: ID of call handler, call reference number and lastly the value of the trigger field. None of these fields require validation as that is done by the call logging software. All that will be required is to count how many instances there are for each field.

There must be an equal number of call handler ID's and call reference numbers but not every record will have the trigger field completed.