hi ,
I wish to create buttons(kinda array of buttons) on a form everytime the form loads.
I am not getting the code/syntaxes for the same.
Its like that the no buttons and there attribute on the form changes dynamically according to the DB .
Please some1 help me with this, m new, and this is my Software engineering course, m really challenged right now, guys please help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I wish to create buttons(kinda array of buttons) on a form everytime the form loads.
I am not getting the code/syntaxes for the same.
Its like that the number of buttons and there attribute on the form changes dynamically according to the DB .
Please some1 help me with this, m new, and this is my Software engineering course, m really challenged right now, guys please help

Make a windows form application, drop a button on it from the toolbox and see what code is generated in the XXX.designer.cs file. Should give you a start. This is the way I did it to find out some things. Succes!

Make a windows form application, drop a button on it from the toolbox and see what code is generated in the XXX.designer.cs file. Should give you a start. This is the way I did it to find out some things. Succes!

Yeah its kinda helping...
but where to put this new code

this.btn1 = new System.Windows.Forms.Button();
this.btn1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Turquoise;
this.btn1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(24, 201);
this.btn1.Name = "btn1";
this.btn1.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(60, 30);
this.btn1.TabIndex = 0;
this.btn1.Text = "# 1";
this.btn1.UseVisualStyleBackColor = false;
this.btn1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.btn1_Click);

shud i put in the new form...
but in which method ??
i guess form load method...

You could put it in the form load event handler or in the constructor after the call to InitializeComponent.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.