Howdy People :)
I'm a newbie & its my first question here. I've started learning Unix Bourne Shell scripting recently and struggling already :p Can someone PLEASE help me with the following problem. Somehow my script is not working.
* Display an initial prompt of the form:
Welcome to machine name. What is your name?
where machine name is the network name for the machine that the script is running on.
* Read the name that the user enters
* Respond with the output:
Hello name, how are you?
* Read the response from the user
* If the response contains the word “good” respond with:
I’m glad to hear that.
* Otherwise, respond with:
I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
* Finally output: Good-bye.
Much appreciated guys. Thanks heaps in advance :)