I am trying to get into the course to get an advanced diploma in professional games development, and I need to present a program to demonstrate my programming skills. Can someone give me some suggestions of a program to make that demonstrates that I know C++?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

if you can't even come up with your own project ideas, you deserve to not get that into that course.

dude i was just asking.. how does this make me not deserve to get into the course?

Design your own game... or why dont you design a replica of some game .. and rather make it more interesting (if the original was not interesting . ) ...

Use some of the programs you had to write when you learned C++.

u should definitely make a game of course but the best u should do is make a game type that is of interest to u. e.g. like adventures, action, strategy....something like that....have you heard of hatetris??? google it. maybe you could make a program like that or something or make it better....good luck on your project...let me know how it goes

dude i was just asking.. how does this make me not deserve to get into the course?

Unwillingness to do your own work, or incapacity to do so.
Tons of others out there who are willing and capable, therefore more deserving of a place in that course than you are.

If you do get in, you're just going to post every bit of homework on forums like this one, expecting others to do it all for you so you can get a nice diploma without ever having to lift a finger.

commented: Solid. +20

Unwillingness to do your own work, or incapacity to do so.
Tons of others out there who are willing and capable, therefore more deserving of a place in that course than you are.

If you do get in, you're just going to post every bit of homework on forums like this one, expecting others to do it all for you so you can get a nice diploma without ever having to lift a finger.

I was just asking for an idea for a program that I could make, not for someone to make a program for me.

I was just asking for an idea for a program that I could make, not for someone to make a program for me.

That's always the first step...
You're apparently unwilling or incapable of original thought, so what makes you willing and capable of implementing a project idea into an application?
Especially as that would require a lot of independent and original thinking in order to first create the design, then find out how to turn that design into code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.