hi,
I'm trying to insert values from a java page in to a mysql db
the foll is the code

i1=st1.executeUpdate("insert into commissiondtls(CompanyCode,BranchCode,LineNo,PartnerCode,CustomerName,InvoiceNo,InvoiceDate,InvoiceAmount,ReceivedAmount,CommissionPer,CommissionPayable,PaymentRef,PaymentDate,InstrumentNo,InstrumentDate,BankName,BankBranch,CommissionPaid,Narration) values('"+CompanyCode+"','"+BranchCode+"','"+commissionDtlsmaxid+"','"+PartnerCode+"','"+CustomerName[i]+"','"+InvoiceNo[i]+"','"+InvoiceDate[i]+"','"+InvoiceAmount[i]+"','"+ReceivedAmount[i]+"','"+CommissionPer[i]+"','"+CommissionPayable[i]+"','"+Paymentno+"','"+Paymentdate+"','"+chequeOrDdNo+"','"+chequeDate+"','"+bankName+"','"+bankBranch+"','"+Amount+"','"+narration+"')throws SQLException");

this doesnot insert values or shows any exception,. what do u think might be the prob? pls help

public void CommissionDetailsSaveTransaction() 
{
try
{

Connection con=null;
Statement st1=null;

con=ServiceLocator.getService();
st1=con.createStatement();

st1.executeUpdate("iinsert into commissiondtls(CompanyCode,BranchCode,LineNo,PartnerCode,CustomerName,InvoiceNo,InvoiceDate,InvoiceAmount,ReceivedAmount,CommissionPer,CommissionPayable,PaymentRef,PaymentDate,InstrumentNo,InstrumentDate,BankName,BankBranch,CommissionPaid,Narration) values('c111','HO',14,'001','Jannath','80','2010-04-09','213.0','200.0','5.0','300.0','1','20-09-2010','ewwq','20-09-2010','wqeqwe','weqwe','100','qweqwe')");

this is not working either

Edited 6 Years Ago by beanboy: to make my question more clear

Don't append "throws SQLException"

i1=st1.executeUpdate("insert into commissiondtls(CompanyCode,BranchCode,LineNo,PartnerCode,CustomerName,InvoiceNo,InvoiceDate,InvoiceAmount,ReceivedAmount,CommissionPer,CommissionPayable,PaymentRef,PaymentDate,InstrumentNo,InstrumentDate,BankName,BankBranch,CommissionPaid,Narration) values('"+CompanyCode+"','"+BranchCode+"','"+commissionDtlsmaxid+"','"+PartnerCode+"','"+CustomerName[i]+"','"+InvoiceNo[i]+"','"+InvoiceDate[i]+"','"+InvoiceAmount[i]+"','"+ReceivedAmount[i]+"','"+CommissionPer[i]+"','"+CommissionPayable[i]+"','"+Paymentno+"','"+Paymentdate+"','"+chequeOrDdNo+"','"+chequeDate+"','"+bankName+"','"+bankBranch+"','"+Amount+"','"+narration+"')");

I would suggest to use - PreparedStatement.

yes i tried preparedstatement also ,..it failed too :sad:

Print the query that you are executing:

String query = ".....";
System.out.println(query);
i1=st1.executeUpdate(query);
System.out.println(i1);

What does it print?
Also try to take the query that was printed and run it to an sql command promt.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.