Hi it's my first post here!
I've got a question using active x in vc++. What i have done yet:
i successfully imported a active x dll and created an object of the class in the dll. so everything works fine.
now my problem is that i have a exe file. so i imported the exe file instead of the dll and compiled it. A tlh and tli file was created with the correct id's. here is some code where i get bad return values:

hresult=CLSIDFromProgID(OLESTR("namespace.class"), &clsid); //retrieve CLSID of component - i get s_ok
hresult=CoCreateInstance(clsid,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,__uuidof(_class),(LPVOID *) &t); // here it returns that the class is not registered

so i looked into my registry and at ole-com object viewer and my exe is definitely registered.
i dont know what to do now hope to get some ideas.
thx in advance.
lucky greetings from germany.

hresult=CLSIDFromProgID(OLESTR("namespace.class"), &clsid); //retrieve CLSID of component - i get s_ok
hresult=CoCreateInstance(clsid,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,__uuidof(_class),(LPVOID *) &t); // here it returns that the class is not registered

hey i solved it use: CLSCTX_ALL instead of CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.