just want to know how to edit the asp files or any files on ftp? THANKS

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

you don't do that.

you don't do that.

What's that mean? As I know I need to download the files and upload them again.

What's that mean? As I know I need to download the files and upload them again.

That's not what you were asking. You were asking about editing them ON the server.

That's not what you were asking. You were asking about editing them ON the server.

So, you mean you can directly edit the files on the ftp? How?

So, you mean you can directly edit the files on the ftp? How?

No. That's what you were asking and that's what I replied you can't do.
I think you are completely unsuited to this profession, you seem unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanations which doesn't bode well for your problem solving skills.

no. That's what you were asking and that's what i replied you can't do.
I think you are completely unsuited to this profession, you seem unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanations which doesn't bode well for your problem solving skills.

you never understood my question was which doesn't bode well for your solving skills. I did not ask you to answer it.

you asked a question, I answered it.
If it's not the question you intended to ask, don't blame me for you not getting the answer you wanted.

you asked a question, I answered it.
If it's not the question you intended to ask, don't blame me for you not getting the answer you wanted.[/QUOTE}

"THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE QUESTION ANYMORE, DON'T SEND."

Try using WinSCP in FTP mode.

You can then right click on your file and then edit it in the in built editor...

Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.