hi..
I'm new in VB, and I have a project to activate LED from VB, but the data from VB should be send first to microcontroller (I am using ATmega8535).
so in simple way I suppose to activate the LED, yhe input is from VB, but it must be through microcontroller..if there's the code, I hope you would like to send it to my email..
Anybody can help me???
Thanks..my email : ...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi Abyan,

I dont have ready examples to provide you, but can give u few pointers on how to go about this project..

1. You are looking for serial communication - Use MSComm Control for that - MScomm would help you to transfer command/data to microcontroller through RS232 port of your PC
2. The voltage level from your RS 232 port on Computer (TTTL logic) might not match that of Micro -controller - you might have to use a converter for that
3. When basic hardware is set up, you would need to send data from your PC to micro-controller - you can get a sample program on URL mentioned below
http://www.rentron.com/sending_data.htm

hope this helps you...
best of luck

Pankaj

Actually I'm not confused with the hardware, just consider the hardware is done..
what I'm confusing is that the initialization that I should write both in VB and CodeVision..cause I'm new in learning this... Please any other solution..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.