Does anyone use it?

Seems kind of scary to me the thought that I would allow a mysterious command to alter data in my tables.

Is it better to write your own update strings and execute them or use the command builder? Does it matter?

Edit: PS the new site design is awesome :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Zach, CommandBuilder is easier to use. As in it's more GUI oriented less to remember easier to debug. But I prefer string Update, there must a be a trade-off for user-friendliness and performance.

Zach, CommandBuilder is easier to use. As in it's more GUI oriented less to remember easier to debug. But I prefer string Update, there must a be a trade-off for user-friendliness and performance.

I'm sure string updates take longer, but I think I'll stick with it. I like being able to see what exactly is going on.

Good documentation, comments and regions make things easier to debug...I'll just stick with string updates myself. Just wondering is all.

what I meant is string updates are faster.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.