I'm trying to return a dataset from another function to be used in another function, but i am running to trouble. So i have this Binddata function which populates the dataset and then returns it, that goes thru the debugger and runs fine at my ASP.NET page. But when i try to pass on that dataset to another function as a parameter, i get following error:
Compiler Error Message: CS0123: Method 'Phoenix.Search.DataGrid_Update(object, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs, System.Data.DataSet)' does not match delegate 'void System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(object, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)'

Here is the syntax for the function that needs to receive the dataset:

protected void DataGrid_Update(object source, DataGridCommandEventArgs e, DataSet DataSet1)

Am i not passing the parameter correctly, or do i need to do some trick before i am able to move the dataset between functions? This is the way i have passed down i.e. strings and such, but with dataset i run into this problem... is this C# or ASP.NET error?

Just solved it, I made new dataset in the update function where i called the other function which returns dataset, like this:
DataSet ds = BindData();
worked like a charm!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.