I use Ubuntu Linux and I'M running python 3. How do I know what version of pygame to get for python 3? And could someone point me to it? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

(30 seconds with Google):

http://www.pygame.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Does%20Pygame%20work%20with%20Python%203?

Does Pygame work with Python 3?

Release 1.9.0 does. Pygame from SVN builds as is with Python 3.0 and later. But Python 3 support is incomplete and still in the development stage. Not all modules have been ported. No scrap, for instance. And Numeric support will never happen, though NumPy suppot should be available when NumPy is itself ported. The Pygame successor, pgreloaded (Pygame Reloaded) also supports Python 3.

Unfortunately, PyGame is now being made for JavaScript. While you can still learn it now, there will be no support for major updates to Python in the future. While some versions of PyGame may work with updates to Python, there will not be full support. But hey, its awesome so let's use it while it's here.

Unfortunately, PyGame is now being made for JavaScript. While you can still learn it now, there will be no support for major updates to Python in the future. While some versions of PyGame may work with updates to Python, there will not be full support. But hey, its awesome so let's use it while it's here.

I think you should look a little more closely at the date of the posting that mentions translating PyGame to JavaScript. (Don't be too embarrassed: I got caught too, for a minute.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.