Having trouble with my massively massive program.
It compiles but fails to execute.

The instruction at "0x00471a6a" referenced memory at "0x00000114". The memory could not be "read".

Here's my program. (IF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION FOR THE VARIABLES IT WOULD BE APPRETIATED!!!)

the cpp is attached

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

compile that program for debug then use your compiler's debugger to step through the program one line at a time until you find out where the error occurs. One of the most common errors to look for is buffer overruns and using uninitialized variables.

I'm 100% sure all my variables are initialized (because of the fact I get no errors) and how do I use Visual C++ v6's debugger?

>>I'm 100% sure all my variables are initialized (because of the fact I get no errors)

There's a difference between declaring them and initializing them:

declared, but not initialized will not give a compiler error, but will still cause problem

int a;
cout << a; // <-- Uh oh, uninitialized

I'd start with just getting a proper main() going.
And passing so much around, you should at least use a structure. Blindly copy and pasting isn't the way to get to modular code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.