i need a detail explanation about left shift and right shift operators in c..its very hard to understand it..especially when i am using shifting on hex and oct values...seems to quite confusing me...i got the output..but i dunno how it comes...please clear my doubts..
thank you

Hi sanagopi

I've just answered to your posting dealing with hexadecimal number 0xff where at least left shift operator has been annotated.

right-shift operator: that is kind of division by 2, and it functions analogously to left shift. You could understand both operators if you read my posting there.

-- tesu

Hi sanagopi

I've just answered to your posting dealing with hexadecimal number 0xff where at least left shift operator has been annotated.

right-shift operator: that is kind of division by 2, and it functions analogously to left shift. You could understand both operators if you read my posting there.

-- tesu

thanks a lot tesu...i would please to be ur friend

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.