HI ,

i'm new in xml. I'd like to ask one thing that what is the difference between .config file and .xml file? As long as i m not clear for this part, i can't go through anymore.
Pls reply me :) :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well, there's no way to answer that. I'm not familiar with a .config file extension and I'm not aware of any application that uses something like that actively. I'm sure there's those kinds of files in all kinds of software. And since there's no context explained in your post.....how will anyone know?

An .XML file is a plain text file that should have the <?xml version="1.0"> instruction at the top. This instruction indicates it's XML nature. It should be noted however that ANY plain text file, regardless of it's extension, could be an XML document .xsd, .xsl are all XML, but so could .txt, even maybe your .config file.

Well, there's no way to answer that. I'm not familiar with a .config file extension and I'm not aware of any application that uses something like that actively. I'm sure there's those kinds of files in all kinds of software. And since there's no context explained in your post.....how will anyone know?

An .XML file is a plain text file that should have the <?xml version="1.0"> instruction at the top. This instruction indicates it's XML nature. It should be noted however that ANY plain text file, regardless of it's extension, could be an XML document .xsd, .xsl are all XML, but so could .txt, even maybe your .config file.

Thank you fri. now i got it. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.