hi,

I am a newbie learning c++ ..I would like to know how Images r loaded in C++ and if it can handle and execute basic image manipulations and also filters ,also whats the maximum amount of bitdepth for images (if there is a upper threshold) that can be handled by c++
Thankz

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>I would like to know how Images r loaded in C++
Very carefully.

>and if it can handle and execute basic image manipulations and also filters
Sure, why not?

>also whats the maximum amount of bitdepth for images (if
>there is a upper threshold) that can be handled by c++
You seem to be missing the point entirely, and I imagine some lame gimpy high level language is to blame. C++ can do damn near anything if you have to time and patience to do it. So when you ask "Can C++ do <soandso>?" the answer is invariably, "YES!".

>
C++ can do damn near anything if you have to time and patience to do it. So when you ask "Can C++ do <soandso>?" the answer is invariably, "YES!".

So it can clean my house and do my laundry? Sweet. :p

>So it can clean my house and do my laundry?
Yes, assuming you have the necessary hardware accessories.

Narue,

Thankz for the replies ..would appreciate if you can forward me in the right direction on image manipulations ...tutorial links if any would be of great help ..any more hints from you would be appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.