Hi,
I'm new here and I don't speak English very well, so sorry if I do some mistakes, if you want you'll correct me. ;)

I have downloaded Watin which is a free open source that allow developers to work (send e receive messages) with Internet Explorer or Firefox.
I need to edit the project, but I receive an error compiling the project. And I'm speaking about the original WatiN project (not edit).
I'm working with Visual Studio 2010 but it says me that the file WatiN.snk doesn't exist. I know that you can create it by go to the property of the project. But it doesn't work because I receive others error about the snk file!!
You can download WatiN here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/watin/files/WatiN%202.x/2.0%20Release%20candidates/WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0.zip/download

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi Matty

The solution is simple: disable signing. Here's how:

Step 1: Open the watin.sln solution file in VS2010 express
Step 2: Open the properties tab for Core project (right click on Core, select Properties)
Step 3: Select the Signing tab (last one)
Step 4: Make sure that "Sign the assembly" is not checked

Repeat for UnitTests

Hope this helps!

--Joe

Hi,
I'm new here and I don't speak English very well, so sorry if I do some mistakes, if you want you'll correct me. ;)

I have downloaded Watin which is a free open source that allow developers to work (send e receive messages) with Internet Explorer or Firefox.
I need to edit the project, but I receive an error compiling the project. And I'm speaking about the original WatiN project (not edit).
I'm working with Visual Studio 2010 but it says me that the file WatiN.snk doesn't exist. I know that you can create it by go to the property of the project. But it doesn't work because I receive others error about the snk file!!
You can download WatiN here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/watin/files/WatiN%202.x/2.0%20Release%20candidates/WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0.zip/download

After unchecking " Sign the Assembly", I am getting follwoing errors:

Can you tell me how do I get rid of these warnings occurring as errors,

Error 1 Warning as Error: XML comment on 'WatiN.Core.Browser.Exists<T>(WatiN.Core.Constraints.Constraint)' has a paramref tag for 'findBy', but there is no parameter by that name E:\Development Stuff\WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0\Source\src\Core\Browser.cs 611 90 Core

Error 2 Warning as Error: XML comment on 'WatiN.Core.Browser.Exists(System.Type, WatiN.Core.Constraints.Constraint)' has a paramref tag for 'findBy', but there is no parameter by that name E:\Development Stuff\WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0\Source\src\Core\Browser.cs 623 90 Core

Error 3 Metadata file 'E:\Development Stuff\WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0\Source\src\Core\bin\WatiN.Core.dll' could not be found UnitTests

Error 4 Metadata file 'E:\Development Stuff\WatiN-2.0.20.1089-net-2.0\Source\src\Core\bin\WatiN.Core.dll' could not be found DialogDetect

Your core file failed to build. Which is what causes the bottom two errors. Either that or the fact they're looking for a specific signed version of the library. It may be a good idea to re-reference the Core library in those two projects.

Looking at the first two errors they appear to be XML Parse warnings and so not fatal.

Re-reference the Core library and see if it still does not build.

I deleted the reference of Interop.SHDocVW and now I am not able to find it under Add Reference.

The last time I used the web browser control this wasn't needed. So you might be able to get away without it.

I could find it after little google , but now next thing to be missing is System.Core...watin uses .Net 2.0 framework... I am not able to find it for .Net 2.0..whereas it was in references previously also

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.