what does the printf function do? it looks something like this...
printf("kdjfkldjd");
and you can put anything in the quotes, but then i don't know where it shows up. where is the text supposed to show up? can someone help me out?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

printf sends output to stdout, which is the same destination as cout by default.

printf sends output to stdout, which is the same destination as cout by default.

so in an OpenGL window, where will the text show up? if it doesn't show up at all, then how do i make text show up in an OpenGL window?

>so in an OpenGL window, where will the text show up?
Nowhere, because stdout isn't attached to your window.

>then how do i make text show up in an OpenGL window?
http://sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/opengl_text.html

i've seen that site and its all talk. i can't figure out how to do it. The links on the site don't work and there aren't any snippets.

>i can't figure out how to do it. The links on the site don't work and there aren't any snippets.
And this is my problem...how? A two second google search gave me that site, and I highly doubt that all of the other hits are equally useless. Maybe you should spend more time searching and less time complaining about not being handed the solution.

believe it or not, i looked on google for over 2 hours not able to find anything. that is the first site, but it doesn't give me anything, and neither does any of the other sites....at least i don't understand them.

>at least i don't understand them.
And we arrive at the root problem. Since this forum is about C and C++, and not about third party APIs, I'll be kind enough to direct you to some place better suited to OpenGL questions. Enjoy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.