hey guys,
i just started working on one of the projects well its has been already finished all im doing is making a few changes and it contains two .dll files (in the root of the project) if they are removed project does not compile and stops functioning otherwise (if i keep the files ) what ever changes i make to the code the program persist the same and still runs even if i deliberately create errors

ps, the project is being created on net-beans , windpows xp

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

two .dll files (in the root of the project) if they are removed project does not compile

I know of no .dll files that are outside of the javac command files that would cause problems with a compile.
Can you explain what the .dll files have to do with compiling a program?
.dll files are used by the linker and at execution time.

Try compiling the program outside of the IDE.

i have no idea what those two .dll files do, i assume that they got something to do with libraries for the that specific project. well yes they have nothing to do with the compiling but when i execute the program they are necessary , if i remove them it just doesnt execute any more. it seems that they contain all the code inside them so if the actual code is being changes nothing happens because .ddl files contain the original..

i hope this explains my situation a bit clearer.
thanks for your help

they have nothing to do with the compiling

Good, its not a compile problem.
Does your code use JNI? Why does your program require dlls??

ok i forgot to mention that the program is actually for Nintendo wii remotes and remotes communicate with computer via bluetooth and than i assume JNI communicates with the bluetooth devices. so yes i assume it does use JNI.
im still not verry sure why my program require .dll i think it is because there are surtain libraries inside them that has been created for Nintendo wii remotes.
if .dll files are actually a libraries then why the code when it is changes doesn't change the program ??

thank you

.dll files are actually a libraries then why the code when it is changes doesn't change the program

Changing the source code does NOT mean that the executeable code is changed. The source must compile successfully and the output placed in the correct location for it to be executed.

thank for your reply but it just started magically to work :) now whatever i change the program changes as well thanks for all of your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.