Hello

I am sorry if this is a dumb question but is it conceivable to determine the memory address of a function that is inside a running application from another application? Say I have an application A that has a function helloWorld(). A is being launched. I would like to do an application B which when run would call helloWorld() from application A if it happens to be running. Thanks for helping

Yohan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello

I am sorry if this is a dumb question but is it conceivable to determine the memory address of a function that is inside a running application from another application? Say I have an application A that has a function helloWorld(). A is being launched. I would like to do an application B which when run would call helloWorld() from application A if it happens to be running. Thanks for helping

Yohan

You didn't provide enough information....What operating system? Plus could you give us an example of the source code for both process A and process B.

You didn't provide enough information....What operating system? Plus could you give us an example of the source code for both process A and process B.

Hello, there is no specific operating system but more a general C question but if that makes a difference I am currently trying to do that on an Iphone running Iphone OS3.1.3. The process A and B are just arbitrary applications written in C, I just dont have any example that would make sense to post, just have the constraint of having one function which name is know in one application and that is called from the second application

thanks

Yohan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.