I have created an Exams form which has all its control(1 txtbox, 2 combobox) binded to exams table (SQL Database). The form has a Datagridview which shows two column, Subject and OutofMarks(dats total mark assigned to a subject e.g. Subject English is of 100 mark. The subject column of datagrid is derived from Subject table but has a reference in exam detail table (subject id). Both the column of Datagridview r combobox

My problem is dat i want to save values of form to exams table and the value of Datagridview to examdetail. I have used two sqlconnection (conn, conn1)to insert into both table... but the examId column of examdetail doesn't fill. :icon_rolleyes:

exam table has column(examId(PK),exam, examType,semId(FKey)
examDetail has column(examId(FKey),subjId(FKey),outOfmark)

I had even used a Tableadapter having values of both table but while using SELECT statement,it gave error as --> "invalid object" for Tableadapter

pls help with solution... :S
Thanx :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hii prashant20,
no need to use two connection you can do this one connection like when you clik save button that time first save your Exam table data.

sqlconnection con =new sqlconnection("connection string");
con.open();
try
{
sqlcommand cmd=new sqlcommand("your insert query",con);
cmd.ExecutenonQuery();
cmd.dispose();
Sqlcommand cmd=new sqlcomman("another insert query",con);
cmd.ExecutenonQuery();
con.close
Messagebox.Show("Data inserted");
}
Catch(Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message.Tostring)
}

Hello Prashant20,
Are you using DataSet? Can you give example of your code for this operation?
Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.