Okay, so I have a project activity to find maximum and min elements of a matrix. I kinda know how to make .asm file, but I don't know how to make .exe and .obj. Or are they generating by themselves? How to connect .exe with .asm?

Okay, so I have a project activity to find maximum and min elements of a matrix. I kinda know how to make .asm file, but I don't know how to make .exe and .obj. Or are they generating by themselves? How to connect .exe with .asm?

Hello

OKay, that depends on the segements organisation of the program (including ORG) you define. And it depends strictly on the macro assembler you are using. For example using MASM or archaic TASM the model TINY and ORG 100H tells MASM to assembly a COM file. Model SMALL (1 data, 1 stack 1 code segment) and omitting ORG derictive just makes the minimal possible EXE file. Recently there was a question here on daniweb concerning the ORG directive. There I told something about this stuff.

So which assembler are you using, MASM, (TASM), MASM32, NASM, WinASM, or even an ARM or MIPS assembler ... ? On MSDOS/Windows they all "connect" .asm with .exe/.com files (by means of assembling and linking).

-- tesu

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.