This may sound like a silly question but does when using aType is it just means any type ??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What?

aType is neither an English word nor a C++ keyword.

thats all i needed to know, it was in a program i needed to look at didnt know if it was a keyword. thanks

Don't let this blow your mind:

aReturnType some_function_name(aParameterType some_parameter, aReferencedType& some_ref_parameter) {
  aType some_variable(SOME_INITIAL_VALUE);
  for(anIterator some_iterator = some_start_value;some_iterator != some_end_value; ++some_iterator)
    some_variable += some_other_function_name(some_parameter, some_ref_parameter);
  return yet_another_function(some_variable);
};

These are just phony names people use in text books to make examples (so is Foo and Bar, before you ask).

I already know about foo and bar , i was just checking to see if aType was simmilar just worded it in a bad way

Don't let this blow your mind:

aReturnType some_function_name(aParameterType some_parameter, aReferencedType& some_ref_parameter) {
  aType some_variable(SOME_INITIAL_VALUE);
  for(anIterator some_iterator = some_start_value;some_iterator != some_end_value; ++some_iterator)
    some_variable += some_other_function_name(some_parameter, some_ref_parameter);
  return yet_another_function(some_variable);
};

These are just phony names people use in text books to make examples (so is Foo and Bar, before you ask).

Or some funny typedefs lol.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.