I am not getting a efficient way to solve the problem, the time taken i more than 5 sec while the time alloted for this problem is 1 sec .so please help me .please give me a answer using collections.

==========
EASY - 2
==========

The great pirate Khurafati and his sidekick Bansi-bajaiyya are stranded alone in a treasure island. Khurafati managed to find a map of the island with an X marking a spot on the island, and a set of instructions. Each instruction is of the form "walk A steps in the direction B" with A being the number of steps, and B denoting the direction. If you start at the X and follow the instructions in the given order, at the end you will arrive at the location where the treasure is buried.You have to find the location of the treasure, and return the straight-line distance (in steps) from the place where you start to the place where the treasure is buried.

Each direction in directions will be one of the eight basic directions on a compass, viz., "NORTH", "SOUTH", "EAST", "WEST", "NORTHEAST", "NORTHWEST", "SOUTHEAST" and "SOUTHWEST

Input: First line contains the number of test cases 'T'. 3*T lines follow with (2*m-1)th line containing the number of instructions, (2*m)th line containing a series of integers and (2*m+1)th line containing a series of directions for mth test case. The ith integer in (2*m)th line corresponds to the number of steps to be taken in the ith direction mentioned in (2*m+1)th line.

Output: T lines with mth line specifying the straight line distance (in steps) for the mth test case. Print upto 9 decimal places.

Example:
Input:
NORTHWEST
34 48 34
NORTH SOUTHWEST EAST
2 2 2 1
NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTHWEST

Output:

Note : Java users please use public class Codecracker.

Can we see what you've tried so far?

Better still, can you tell us in English how your current solution works? It's very helpful to all concerned if you spell out the details in this fashion. We get a chance to see how you're thinking about the problem, and you get a chance to explicitly review your logic, step by step.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.