HI every one,

I need to do a course project for software architecture which should be implementable and is compulsoraily an ieee or acm paper.
The areas given for us are:

agile s/w developement,extreme programming,cloud computing,web services,generic programming,testing...

can u guys suggest any thing in it

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hmm im not sure quite what your having to do? You have to make a program? and im assuming in C++ which is not a good langauge for web C# is way better for web side of things.

what im not understanding is what does the program have to do? and is it ment to be a windows form kinda thing or somthing that goes on the web thats none client based?

HI every one,

I need to do a course project for software architecture which should be implementable and is compulsoraily an ieee or acm paper.
The areas given for us are:

agile s/w developement,extreme programming,cloud computing,web services,generic programming,testing...

can u guys suggest any thing in it

I would suggest PHP or Java's JSP

If you're working alone, go for extreme programming and web services. Web service development will allow for easy iterative development, you just need to be constantly up to date with documentation and release versions.

If you're working as a team, you can go for pair programming or agile development of seperate areas of a web service to fulfill two of the criteria.

As for what to do specifically, think of your strengths and weaknesses as well as what interests you most to keep up your motivation. It would afterall, be pointless for any of us to suggest an idea without knowing you.

hey.
thanks for the response..i am no way interested in most of these topics..iam going to work alone..so i just want a simple idea to overcome this in as easy way as possible

Extreme programming can be ticked merely by releasing many iterations of your project. For a one person project, this isn't going to be difficult.

Testing will go hand in hand with iterative development. Even better, after each release, get some friends to test your program and then you've got first hand, primary research as well.

Web services can be achieved merely by linking your program to a website.

Generic programming can be anything you want.

That's 4 out of the 6 criteria achieved with minimal work, just taking a specific mindset while doing your project.

Just think a little outside of the box to fulfill criteria so once again, what do you enjoy, what are you good at and what is going to keep you motivated?

hey.
thanks for the response..i am no way interested in most of these topics..iam going to work alone..so i just want a simple idea to overcome this in as easy way as possible

Think of little nagging problems people face in your place that programming can be a tool to resolve them. I hope you don't leave in Eden, so the problems should give you a clue as to what you can do ;)

Just to ask, you say that it is for a paper in ACM and IEEE. Any of those journals have a fairly high entry level, they are refereed and some of them have a very high rejection rate. That seems a much bigger problem the how your program was written. If I take a finished project that has got a paper accepted to IEEE, I can claim all of the other factors really easily regardless of actually how I wrote the project.

So my guess is that this is a project for a masters thesis by research. So basically, you are going to have to give us some more hints on what subject area you are looking for.

The place I would look is in a lot of the semi-neglected areas, [less popular at the moment] that were looked at in the 1970-1990s which often can be relooked at with the massive increase in computing power to give insights into their underlying problem. Other areas of projects are often newish algorithms applied to data sets, e.g. a similar route caching algorithm applied to say web searches etc.

The problem you face is that "getting an idea" is not something that just happens. Once you start on a research project, two things happen, you read something completely unrelated and think that maybe some part of what you are doing can be applied to it , and that your read something unrelated that can apply to your stuff.
[ Later, you start to figure you can link to unrelated ideas, but figure that the learning curve for both parts of the technique is to expensive. :) ]. In doing a research project, you read lots, so you get many ideas as an extension to the project, and there always more than you can possibly follow. However, you are starting, so the only way to do this is to read LOTS, ACM/IEEE journals etc. whatever, and not just the current literature.

hello guys...

i think my question is not correctly understood by many so i just need to clarify some things.
I have to do a course project for software architecture.for that the criteria is that we have to choose a ieee/acm published paper and implement that.we have given topics of software architectural models..our instructor told to implement thse models using a real-life example by some representation mechanisms like uml,use case etc like that.I just want to have suggestions regarding selection of topic as like which is best and in demand now..so that i can utilise this to improve my cv.If anyone have done like this topics before can u just tell me whats that about

sorry for the misleading vocabulary..

please do send your suggestions...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.