This is Vasu.I am new to this software field.Now I started learning Unix n Oracle.
Daily we are doing the following job manually.But I am planning to automate it.So any one please help me to write a script for the following requirement.It's very helpful to learn new things.
The job we are doing Manually is :
1.Connect to remote server and use WinSCP to retrive the file "emp.dat" from the above mentioned server in the defined path. This is the EMP file.
2.Open the abc.txt file present in D:\EFG. NOTE: abc.txt is used to process the data in XYZ.mdb file.
3.Place the records in abc.txt and just validate for the number of records with the source file.
4. Delete the RST.xls present in D:\EFG\
5. Once the latest abc.txt is ready, open the D:\EFG\XYZ.mdb access file.
6. Click on Open, then on "Daily Sales Vs. Report".
7.Click on "Import Data" tab. "ALL EXISTING DATA WILL BE LOST !!!" msg will pop up. Just click on "OK" tab.
8.XYZ.mdb will prompt for ODBC connection password. Supply the same to connect to PRODUCTION DB.
9. Once data gets imported, "Import Completed" pop-up window appears.
10. Click "OK". Then click on "Output to Excel" tab to export the data to excel sheet.
11.Pop-up window "Export Complete" appears. Click on "OK".
12.This export will generate an RST.xls file in D:\EFG\ path. Open the .xls and run the below macros.
Goto Tools --> Macros --> Macros, to run the Macros from Excel sheet.
13. Run the macro - "PERSONAL.XLS!macNewEFG".
14. Once done, save the RST.xls as Sales vs. Report and send this report throgh mail to the assigned group.
Please help me out for this.
Edited 6 Years Ago by vasuv: n/a