hello can you help me please i have exe file and it runs okay in my computer...but when i transfer it from another computer my exe file will get run time.

here is the message..

Run Time error '339'

Component 'msflxgrd.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

please help me hoping for your positive responds...

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi Jemz,
By going through your error message, I think you will need to register MSFLXGRD.OCX file. To register you will need to do the following.
1. Copy MSFLXGRD.OCX file in Windows\System32\ folder and
2. Go to Run then type regsvr32 msflxgrd.ocx in the box and press enter
3. It will display success/failure message.

Hope this helps

Nice to hear from you again Jemz.

As Kinwang said, do it that way will solve your problem, but you will need access to the users PC.

Rather make sure that when you compile, the msflexgrid is in your compilation file. Also make sure that the tickbox is selected to register the component.

Hi Jemz,
By going through your error message, I think you will need to register MSFLXGRD.OCX file. To register you will need to do the following.

Hope this helps

Hello sir thank you for the reply okay i will try this sir,....sir i have question do i always register msflxgrd.ocx file in each computer if i will put my exe file?...hoping for your positive responds...

i will write again if i have some doubt...

Hi Jemz,

Hope this helps

Hello sir thank you for the reply okay i will try this sir,....sir i have question do i always register msflxgrd.ocx file in each computer if i will put my exe file?...hoping for your positive responds...i will write again if i have some doubt...

As Kinwang said, do it that way will solve your problem, but you will need access to the users PC.

Rather make sure that when you compile, the msflexgrid is in your compilation file. Also make sure that the tickbox is selected to register the component.

hello sir thank you for the reply and nice to hear you again sir...i was absent for many days and weeks because i am busy for some activities(not related in programming)....okay sir i will try as what kinwang2009 says, i will write again if i have some doubt...more power to you...

if you make setup file then you no need to register it.

Hello sir thank you for the reply okay i will try this sir,....sir i have question do i always register msflxgrd.ocx file in each computer if i will put my exe file?...hoping for your positive responds...i will write again if i have some doubt...

Yes sure jemz you will need to register that ocx file because you have used in your exe file. Such problem will be solved if you make a complete setup file so that all required files will be registered automatically.
Thanks

hello sir,

can i ask something why is it i need it to register in other computer and it is already exe file...i thought that if my project are in exe file it will have no problem...thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds...

if you make setup file then you no need to register it.

hello sir thank you for the reply why is it i need to register in every computer?i thought if my prject is in exe it will have no problem ..thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds.

Jemz,
You will need to register in every computer since you have used that component in your project. PC which have already registered that ocx file does not need to register again. Thats why we all suggest you to make complete setup file.
Thanks

Jemz,
You will need to register in every computer since you have used that component in your project. PC which have already registered that ocx file does not need to register again. Thats why we all suggest you to make complete setup file.
Thanks

hello sir thank you for enligthen me sir...more power to you...

That is because every component (OCX, DLL etc) needs to be registered. Lets use an example. If you have any reference to say Microsoft Excel in your application (Which is also installed on your pc), but the user does not have any MS office products like excel on his pc, your application will NOT operate because the component has not been registered. This is why it is very important to make 100% sure that every component that you have referenced has been included into your setup package. An exe can be seen as a component on its own, installing all the vb6 runtime files before it will work on a user's pc with no visual studio runtime files installed.

Does this make better sense? Try and read up more on dll and ocx descriptions. This will broaden your understanding of them and why thy are important as well as why they have to be registered.

That is because every component (OCX, DLL etc) needs to be registered. Lets use an example. If you have any reference to say Microsoft Excel in your application (Which is also installed on your pc), but the user does not have any MS office products like excel on his pc, your application will NOT operate because the component has not been registered. This is why it is very important to make 100% sure that every component that you have referenced has been included into your setup package. An exe can be seen as a component on its own, installing all the vb6 runtime files before it will work on a user's pc with no visual studio runtime files installed.

Does this make better sense? Try and read up more on dll and ocx descriptions. This will broaden your understanding of them and why thy are important as well as why they have to be registered.

hello sir thank you for the reply i will try also read the dll ocx description..can i google this description?...

sir,regarding in registering what if i don't have permission to install or it has been restricted by the owner of the computer what should i do sir so that i can run my exe file?...hoping for your positive responds...

sir,regarding in registering what if i don't have permission to install or it has been restricted by the owner of the computer what should i do sir so that i can run my exe file?...hoping for your positive responds...

You must have administrator right to do administrative task like installing software, editing registry, registering components and microsoft configurations etc. Otherwise I dont think you can do that. Maybe some of our friends know some options.

Thanks

You should encounter problems only on Vista, installation should be fine on XP. (Maybe win7, I have not had hassles on 7 as yet) Below is a few links to read up on which will help you solve your problem. For more inf, google the following -

Gain administrator rights when installing app

, which will bring up a lot of help.

http://www.petri.co.il/error_installing_applications_on_vista.htm

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

You must have administrator right to do administrative task like installing software, editing registry, registering components and microsoft configurations etc. Otherwise I dont think you can do that. Maybe some of our friends know some options.

Thanks

hello sir thank you for this sir...sir what if in exefile i have other components like datagrid and etc...do i still use this process same as my msflxgrid?..hoping for your positive responds..

Jemz,
As long as you have reference to components you must register in order to work correctly. If you use datagrid then you must register ocx file called MSDATGRD.OCX. For example if you use ListView (it means you are having reference to Microsoft Windows Common Control) then you will need to register MSCOMCTL.OCX file.

Hope this clears your doubts
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.