I am porting software from a VS compiled program to my Mac. In this code, __m128's are used ALOT. An example of this error would be:

Projector.cpp:1014: error: request for member ‘m128_f32’ in ‘v4Max.Vector4::fVector[2]’, which is of non-class type ‘float __vector__’

I have included both xmmintrin.h and emmintrin.h, but the same error occurs. Is __m128 native to only windows, and if so, is there a solution for Macs?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for embooglement

Visual studio features several keywords and data types that aren't standard C++, nor portable. These always begin with two underscores. So yes you're going to have to find some kind of work around. I'm not entirely certain what __m128 is, nor what equivalent code would be, so someone else will have to help you out there.

I know that __m128 is a multipurpose register used with x86. They are Streaming SIMD Extensions. The problem is that I do not know the Mac equivalence

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.