Does anyone know the event that causes the carriage return animation to play? I would like to have the carriage return animation to play after clicking in a box.. that is not a textfield.

Essentially.. I am attempting to create a custom text field.

(In case you do not already know.. a carriage return is the blinking line animation that plays to signify text can be typed at a given location).

(Using Win32.. thanks)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>> Does anyone know the event that causes the carriage return animation to play?

I believe you've coined a new term for a thing which is more commonly known as a caret. Perhaps read up about Carets and see if it's possible to achieve what you want.

Another name for it is "cursor". But MS-Windows calls it a caret for some ungodly reason. I always though a caret was something we eat.

lol. I was half asleep when I wrote this post.. to lazy to find the actual name of the animation that blinked.. Sorry.. In any event, you guys have indeed solved my problem, thank you so much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.