Here's the problem. Bought a new wireless printer, HP B209a. Have a wireless router, Belkin, been using it for years. I take it, the printer, out of the box, follow all the instructions on setting it up, run the setup program in a laptop, following all on screen instructions. It gets the printer connected to the router, the little blue light comes on, and all seems well. Then it gets to the part where the computer is to be connected to the printer. Now, the computer has been connected to the infonet (internet) the whole time. The little blue light is on, so the printer is connected as well, I even printed off the wireless config sheet from the printer to confirm that it was, in fact, connected to the correct network, and communicating with the router as it should. All seemed to be going as planned. Then, the setup program started checking the wireless connection between the computer and printer. Says there is no connection. Make sure there's an open port at 427, udp, in the firewall. I do. Says the printer is at 192.168.2.5. So, I tried putting that in. Still no luck. So, I tried turning the firewall off completely, still no luck. So, I figure it must be something in the router. I go to cmd. Type in ipconfig. Default Gateway is 192.168.2.1, So I open the browser. Type in the ip address. Hit enter. Problem loading page. Try again. Same as before. So, now I can't get to my router's settings. I am so confused I'm considering just throwing all of it in the trash, getting some stone tablets, a hammer, and a variety of chisels, and writing on them. Anyone know the postage for stone tablets these days? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Your router may be cofigured to only allow connections through ethernet cable and not wireless connections to the settings.

Apart that, this is the python forum, for python related questions.

Cheers and Happy coding.

Sorry. Didn't know. But, since I have your attention, why can't I access my printer from my computers?

It relys on a bad configuration for sure.

If the printer is connected to the router on a valid network configuration, then it is on the same network as the computers, since that it should be a firewall problem.

It can also be a NAT problem.

Wich are the IPs? of the computer, router and printer?

Cheers and Happy printing :)

It relys on a bad configuration for sure.

If the printer is connected to the router on a valid network configuration, then it is on the same network as the computers, since that it should be a firewall problem.

It can also be a NAT problem.

Wich are the IPs? of the computer, router and printer?

Cheers and Happy printing :)

Printer, 192.168.2.3. Computer, 192.168.2.4. Router, 193.168.2.1. Should I set the NAT settings on the router to something other than default?

Only NAT settings I have, or can find on the router are enable, or disable. It is currently enabled, as default.

And, not trying to put you out, I joined daniweb to try to get some help, and this was the only way I found to post a question. If you could tell me where to do it, not to disturb anyone unnecessarily, it would be my pleasure to do so. What is python, anyway?

You should have all working with the ips you give, i believe it's firewall problem.

If you notice this forum has lots of sub-foruns, and evey one has a different category.

Python is a computer programmming language.

Maybe here, or here will be better to find your answer.

Cheers and Happy coding

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.