hi,

Does someone have a good books(if free fine but commercial even oky) on code
reviewing and industry c++ projects?

I mean how I could do a professional code review according to the industry
standards?

I need to read a one and want to listen from the experienced ppl in the industry.

I need a book specially on "C++ code reviewing" and listen from the industry professionals
and learn how to do a code review according to the industry standards.Industry experts
please seed this thread.

Any idea?

--Thanks in advance--
Sandun.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

AFAIK there is no such book. Code reviewing just tasks a group of programmers to review each others programs for consistency with company coding standards. There is no right or wrong way to do it -- well, almost none. The coding standards will vary from one company to another, so there is very little consistency among them.

You will find a wide range of standards and guidelines from these google links.

I read a book a couple of years ago with tons of great tips for creating well structured code called Code Craft: http://nostarch.com/codecraft.htm

It was really a great read and worth a look if you're looking for ideas on what is generally considered "good" programming practices.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.